The following types of general skilled visas were available to individuals who applied up to the 30th of June, 2012.
- Subclass 175, Skilled Independent
- Subclass 176, Skilled State/Territory Sponsored
- Subclass 475, Skilled State/Territory Sponsored (Provisional)
As these visas are no longer available to new visa applicants we have not commented further on them here, except to note that:
- Some applications under these subclasses are still awaiting a decision from the Department of Immigration
- The pathway to permanent residency for subclass 475 visaholders is likely to be the same as for subclass 489 visaholders: a subclass 887 visa once the 475 visaholders have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for at least 2 years, and have worked there for 12 months.
GM Skilled – a division of Go Matilda Visas – is your ideal partner for guidance and advice on a skilled visa strategy.
We work with our clients on the basis of fixed fees, and a wish to have a long term relationship based on our expertise, trust and a quality service.
If you would like help with an Australian skilled visa application please contact your nearest GM Skilled office or complete the form on this page for a no obligation free initial discussion.
We look forward to hearing from you.