ART TEACHER (PRIVATE TUITION)
ANZSCO Code: 249211
Teaches students in the practice and theory of art in private training establishments.
Group: PRIVATE TUTORS AND TEACHERS
ANZSCO Code: 2492
PRIVATE TUTORS AND TEACHERS teach students in the practice, theory and performance of subjects, such as art, dance, drama and music, in private training establishments.
- planning programs of study for individual students and groups
- preparing and presenting material on the theory of the subject area
- instructing and demonstrating practical aspects of the subject area
- assigning problems and exercises relative to students' training needs and talents
- assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement
- revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction
- preparing students for examinations, performance and assessments
- keeping abreast of developments in the subject area by attending professional conferences, seminars and courses, reading current literature, and talking with colleagues
- may arrange visits and tours to professional exhibitions and performances
- may organise for exhibitions or performances of students' work