ANZSCO Code: 271111
Pleads cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals. Registration or licensing is required.
- Queen's Counsel
- Senior Counsel (Aus)
ANZSCO Code: 2711
BARRISTERS plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
- drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client's case
- providing opinion on complex legal issues
- may draw up or settle documents