BOOK OR SCRIPT EDITOR
ANZSCO Code: 212212
Evaluates manuscripts of books or scripts to determine suitability for publication or production, and edits and supervises material in preparation for publication or for production on film, television, radio or stage.
- Script Coordinator
Group: AUTHORS, AND BOOK AND SCRIPT EDITORS
ANZSCO Code: 2122
AUTHORS, AND BOOK AND SCRIPT EDITORS write, edit and evaluate literary works for publication and scripts for film, television, radio and stage productions.
- creating and developing ideas and themes for written works, such as novels, plays, musicals, screen productions, educational texts, information texts and multimedia products
- researching subject matter through original and secondary materials, interviews and other media
- planning, organising and writing material
- reviewing and evaluating manuscripts of novels, biographies, short stories, poems, educational texts and other books, and ensuring coherence of style and development of theme, plot and characterisation
- advising publishers about potential of works for publication and conditions of publication contract
- negotiating publication details such as royalties, publication dates and numbers of copies to be printed
- reviewing and assessing stories and other material for film, television, radio and stage productions
- directing the preparation of scripts to be read by announcers to introduce and connect parts of musicals, news, sports and special events programs