ANZSCO Code: 899111
Maintains and cleans a residential building, school, office, holiday camp or caravan park and associated grounds.
ANZSCO Code: 8991
CARETAKERS maintain and clean residential buildings, schools, offices, holiday camps, caravan parks and associated grounds.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below. In Australia
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- filling out registration forms and providing tenants with copies of rules
- collecting rent, and filling out and issuing receipts
- cleaning common facilities, grounds and gardens, replacing light bulbs, checking fire hoses and extinguishers, and performing other cleaning and maintenance tasks
- notifying management and owners of buildings of the need for major repairs
- cautioning tenants regarding excessive noise, disorderly conduct and abuse of property
- patrolling buildings to ensure security is maintained
- purchasing cleaning supplies