COMMISSIONED FIRE OFFICER
ANZSCO Code: 139112
Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a fire service.
- Fire Investigator
- Inspector (Fire Services)
Group: COMMISSIONED OFFICERS (MANAGEMENT)
ANZSCO Code: 1391
COMMISSIONED OFFICERS (MANAGEMENT) provide high level management to support the running of organisational, geographical and operational units and sections within the defence forces and fire and police services.
- establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation's operating environment
- making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- preparing budgets and other management plans
- preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities