COMMUNITY ARTS WORKER
ANZSCO Code: 272611
Identifies issues of local need, concerns and aspirations through community consultation, and designs and implements strategies to facilitate and encourage community arts projects and happenings, and promote the value of community cultural development.
- Community Cultural Development Officer
Group: WELFARE, RECREATION AND COMMUNITY ARTS WORKERS
ANZSCO Code: 2726
WELFARE, RECREATION AND COMMUNITY ARTS WORKERS design and implement strategies and programs to meet community and individual needs and assist individuals, families and groups with social, emotional and financial difficulties to improve quality of life by educating and supporting them and working towards change in their social environment.
- researching and analysing community issues, needs and problems
- developing, evaluating and maintaining community resources and programs
- evaluating data and writing reports such as submissions requesting funding for continuing programs and new projects
- identifying issues of local need, concerns and aspirations through community consultation
- organising local sporting, cultural and recreational events and activities such as community functions, hobby classes, community arts projects and sporting competitions
- providing support while exploring alternatives with clients who experience difficulties such as marital problems, unemployment, illness and drug abuse
- assessing risks and providing intensive short-term crisis counselling for victims of domestic violence, child abuse, disasters and other crises
- assisting to establish and administer neighbourhood houses, community groups, employment training programs and other services