COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH THERAPISTS NEC
ANZSCO Code: 252299
This occupation group covers Complementary Health Therapists not elsewhere classified.
Group: COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH THERAPISTS
ANZSCO Code: 2522
COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH THERAPISTS treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.
- assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- evaluating and documenting patients' progress through treatment plans
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body's capacity for self-healing