ANZSCO Code: 211211
Writes new and rearranges existing musical compositions such as songs, operas, symphonies, musical scores and advertising jingles. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- Music Arranger
Group: MUSIC PROFESSIONALS
ANZSCO Code: 2112
MUSIC PROFESSIONALS write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions.
- creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
- translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance
- undertaking research and liaising with clients when composing musical backing for television commercials, popular recordings, and radio, television and film productions
- auditioning and selecting musicians and Singers
- selecting music for performances and assigning instrumental parts to musicians
- directing musical groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- studying and rehearsing repertoire and musical scores prior to performances
- playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score and by memory
- performing music and songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation, using highly developed aural skills to reproduce music