ANZSCO Code: 121314
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise deer for meat, velvet, hides and breeding stock.
Group: LIVESTOCK FARMERS
ANZSCO Code: 1213
LIVESTOCK FARMERS plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors