EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER
ANZSCO Code: 241111
Plans, organises and conducts activities to help pre-primary school students to develop a wide variety of skills including speech, reading, writing, motor skills and social interaction. Registration or licensing is required.
- Preschool Director
Group: EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHERS
ANZSCO Code: 2411
EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHERS teach the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to early childhood (pre-primary) students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- planning and structuring learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students' development
- providing a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
- promoting language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually and within groups
- observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
- observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students' progress
- discussing students' progress with parents
- attending parent interviews, and staff and committee meetings
- participating in community and family support programs as appropriate
- supervising student teachers on placement