ANZSCO Code: 133211
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the engineering and technical operations of an organisation.
Group: ENGINEERING MANAGERS
ANZSCO Code: 1332
ENGINEERING MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the engineering and technical operations of organisations.
- determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- establishing project schedules and budgets
- ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- overseeing maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- liaising with marketing, research and manufacturing managers regarding engineering aspects of new construction and product design
- may contribute to research and development projects