ENTERTAINER OR VARIETY ARTIST
ANZSCO Code: 211113
Entertains by performing a variety of acts using a mix of acting, singing, dance and movement skills. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- Circus Artist
Group: ACTORS, DANCERS AND OTHER ENTERTAINERS
ANZSCO Code: 2111
ACTORS, DANCERS AND OTHER ENTERTAINERS entertain by portraying roles in productions, performing and composing dances, and performing a variety of other acts.
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learning lines and cues, rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions
- practising dance routines and interpreting the choreographic content of the production
- performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- composing and notating ballet compositions and other dance routines
- creating and performing individual performance routines
- rehearsing, auditioning and travelling between entertainment venues