GALLERY OR MUSEUM CURATOR
ANZSCO Code: 224212
Plans and organises a gallery or museum collection by drafting collection policies and arranging acquisitions of pieces.
Group: ARCHIVISTS, CURATORS AND RECORDS MANAGERS
ANZSCO Code: 2242
ARCHIVISTS, CURATORS AND RECORDS MANAGERS develop, maintain, implement and deliver systems for keeping, updating, accessing and preserving records, files, information, historical documents and artefacts.
- evaluating and preserving records for administrative, historical, legal, evidential and other purposes
- preparing record-keeping systems, indexes, guides and procedures for archival research and for the retention and destruction of records
- identifying and classifying specimens and objects, and arranging restoration work
- examining items and arranging examinations to determine condition and authenticity
- designing and revising medical record forms
- managing organisations' central records systems
- analysing the record-keeping needs of organisations, and translating these needs into record management systems
- maintaining computerised and other record management systems and record forms, and advising on their usage
- controlling access to confidential information, and recommending codes of practice and procedures for accessing records
- developing record cataloguing, coding and classification systems, and monitoring their use