ICT SYSTEMS TEST ENGINEER
ANZSCO Code: 263213
Specifies, develops and writes test plans and test scripts, produces test cases, carries out regression testing, and uses automated test software applications to test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of systems, and documents the results of tests in defect reports and related documentation.
Group: ICT SUPPORT AND TEST ENGINEERS
ANZSCO Code: 2632
ICT SUPPORT AND TEST ENGINEERS develop procedures and strategies to support, create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and guidelines and systems infrastructure, investigate, analyse and resolve system problems and performance issues, and test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of systems.
- scheduling and conducting quality audit inspections, and analysing and reviewing systems, data and documentation
- identifying variations and potential high risk areas in securing adherence to standards and procedures
- recommending corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected through monitoring and auditing of processes and procedures
- communicating, educating and liaising with users and management to ensure awareness and adherence to standards, procedures and quality control issues and activities
- assisting in troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing and resolving system problems and issues
- developing, conducting and providing technical guidance and training in application software and operational procedures
- analysing, evaluating and diagnosing technical problems and issues such as installation, maintenance, repair, upgrade and configuration and troubleshooting of desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, email, databases, operating systems and security systems
- testing, identifying and diagnosing functionality errors and faults in systems, and programming code within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure systems perform to specification
- performing organisational systems architecture reviews and assessments, and recommending current and future hardware and software strategies and directions
- creating and reviewing technical documentation such as procedural, instructional and operational guides and manuals, technical reports and specifications and maintenance inventory systems