ANZSCO Code: 233511
Investigates and reviews the utilisation of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials, current operational processes and established practices, to recommend improvement in the efficiency of operations in a variety of commercial, industrial and production environments. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Process Engineer (Industrial)
Group: INDUSTRIAL, MECHANICAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERS
ANZSCO Code: 2335
INDUSTRIAL, MECHANICAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERS design, organise and oversee the construction, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations, establish programs for the coordination of manufacturing activities, and ensure usage of resources is cost effective.
- studying functional statements, organisational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
- establishing work measurement programs and analysing work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- analysing workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- designing mechanical equipment, machines, components, products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction
- developing specifications for manufacture, and determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems
- organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- directing the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment, and coordinating the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules