MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
ANZSCO Code: 234611
Conducts medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- IVF Embryologist
Group: MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS
ANZSCO Code: 2346
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS conduct medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- preparing tissue sections for microscopic examination
- examining and analysing samples to study the effects of microbial infections
- analysing samples of body tissue and fluids to develop techniques to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- advising Medical Practitioners on the interpretation of tests and methods for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- setting up the steps and rules of laboratory medical testing
- operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- maintaining laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- preparing scientific papers and reports