ANZSCO Code: 254311
Manages a health service unit or sub-unit of a hospital, aged care or community health care facility, supervises nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within a specified field or for a particular unit, and monitors quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses. Registration or licensing is required.
Group: NURSE MANAGERS
ANZSCO Code: 2543
NURSE MANAGERS manage health service units and sub-units of hospitals, aged care and community health care facilities, supervise nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within specified fields or for particular units, and monitor quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses.
- developing, implementing and monitoring policies and objectives of nursing care as they apply to units, staff and community groups
- coordinating the allocation of human and material resources for a health service unit such as recruitment of staff, human resource management, preparation of budgets and fiscal management
- monitoring and controlling the performance of nursing and support staff within the unit, and providing leadership
- initiating studies to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing services in the unit in relation to objectives, costs and nursing care
- promoting working relationships with community agencies and health and education providers
- contributing to organisational objectives in relation to quality, safety and risk management