ANZSCO Code: 254212
Designs, conducts and evaluates nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and promotes the implementation of research findings into clinical nursing practice.
Group: NURSE EDUCATORS AND RESEARCHERS
ANZSCO Code: 2542
NURSE EDUCATORS AND RESEARCHERS provide clinical and theoretical education to and promote professional development of nurses and midwives, and conduct research into nursing practice.
- researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
- facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
- evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
- participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
- undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
- promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
- promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
- providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research