ANZSCO Code: 252611
Prevents, diagnoses and treats disorder of the feet. Registration or licensing is required.
- Podiatric Surgeon
ANZSCO Code: 2526
PODIATRISTS prevent, diagnose and treat disorders of the feet.
- examining patients' feet to determine the nature and extent of conditions, deformities and injuries
- examining and treating foot disabilities caused by diseases such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and other neuropathies
- prescribing and arranging the fabrication of footwear to correct foot abnormalities
- performing minor surgery to remove and improve abnormal conditions
- prescribing and fitting replaceable pads, palliative and functional supports and other devices for the protection and correction of foot abnormalities
- advising patients about continued treatment and foot care
- may provide rehabilitation services to the physically handicapped
- may refer patients to or have patients referred from Medical Practitioners