PRIMARY HEALTH ORGANISATION MANAGER
ANZSCO Code: 134213
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates a primary health organisation that provides a broad range of out-of-hospital health services.
Group: HEALTH AND WELFARE SERVICES MANAGERS
ANZSCO Code: 1342
HEALTH AND WELFARE SERVICES MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the professional and administrative aspects of health and welfare programs and services.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff