RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ANZSCO Code: 132511
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates research and development activities within an organisation.
Group: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS
ANZSCO Code: 1325
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate research and development activities within organisations.
- determining, implementing and monitoring research and development strategies, policies and plans
- developing and implementing research projects, priorities and targets to support commercial and policy developments
- leading major research projects and coordinating activities of other research workers
- assessing the benefits and monitoring the costs and effectiveness of research and development activities
- interpreting results of research projects and recommending associated product and service development innovations
- providing advice on research and development options available to the organisation
- monitoring leading-edge developments in relevant disciplines and assessing implications for the organisation
- may publish results of significant research projects