ANZSCO Code: 224113
Designs and applies statistical principles and techniques for collecting, organising and interpreting quantifiable data, and uses statistical methodologies to produce statistical reports and analyses for government, commercial and other purposes.
Group: ACTUARIES, MATHEMATICIANS AND STATISTICIANS
ANZSCO Code: 2241
ACTUARIES, MATHEMATICIANS AND STATISTICIANS develop and apply actuarial, mathematical, statistical and quantitative principles and techniques to solve problems in a range of fields such as business and finance, scientific and social research, and engineering.
- defining, analysing and solving complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, superannuation funds, pensions and dividends
- examining financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies, government and other organisations
- designing new types of policies, assessing risks and analysing investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, financial markets and other areas
- formulating mathematical models to simulate processes
- applying models to experimental observations, and adjusting and recasting the models
- using numerical analysis methods to develop algorithms and perform computations
- liaising with management and clients to determine the subject or area to be surveyed or examined
- specifying the data to be collected, and the methodology to be used in collection and analysis
- evaluating and describing the reliability and utility of source information
- analysing and interpreting data, and producing relevant statistics to describe and infer particular trends and patterns