ANZSCO Code: 261112
Evaluates processes and methods used in existing ICT systems, proposes modifications, additional system components or new systems to meet user needs as expressed in specifications and other documentation.
Group: ICT BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYSTS
ANZSCO Code: 2611
ICT BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYSTS work with users to formulate system requirements, develop system plans and documentation, review and evaluate existing systems, and design and modify systems to meet users' business needs.
- working with users to formulate and document business requirements
- identifying, investigating, and analysing business processes, procedures and work practices
- identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
- using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
- taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
- creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
- developing functional specifications for use by system developers
- using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process