TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES NEC
ANZSCO Code: 225499
This occupation group covers Technical Sales Representatives not elsewhere classified.
Group: TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES
ANZSCO Code: 2254
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employers' and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers' needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
- monitoring customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred