Calling all Teachers – Australia wants you!

Our team of Australian migration experts is keen to hear from any qualified teachers who are interested in moving to Australia.

Whether you’re a primary, secondary or early years teacher, your occupation is in demand down under, potentially giving you the opportunity to apply for a visa that would allow you to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.

Teachers can apply for visas allowing migration to Australia under the general skilled program using visa subclass 189, 190, or 489.

In common with all general skilled visa applications teachers must secure a positive migration skills assessment before they can progress a skilled visa application with the Department of Immigration.

The body that has the authority to assess teachers for the purpose of migration to Australia is the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership, or the AITSL.

The benchmark for a positive migration skills assessment from the AITSL is a minimum of four years full time higher education level study where one of those years involved completion of an initial teacher education qualification. For example, a three year Bachelor of Science degree and a one year Post Graduate Diploma in Education.

If you think you can satisfy these requirements and are interested in moving to a country where the sun shines more often than not we invite you to contact Go Matilda Visas for a free initial discussion.

Our team is one of the most experienced and highly regarded in the area of Australian visas, and we have helped hundreds of teachers successfully navigate the visa application process.

An initial consultation is without cost or obligation, and our fees are fixed in amount and are payable in instalments – complete the enquiry form on this webpage to find out what is possible.