AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS NEC
ANZSCO Code: 231199
This occupation group covers Air Transport Professionals not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
Group: AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS
ANZSCO Code: 2311
AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS fly and navigate aircraft, control and direct air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground, and instruct students in flying aircraft.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft