ANZSCO Code: 212111
Determines and oversees implementation of artistic policies for a performing arts organisation such as a theatre company, dance company, music ensemble, festival or venue.
Group: ARTISTIC DIRECTORS, AND MEDIA PRODUCERS AND PRESENTERS
ANZSCO Code: 2121
ARTISTIC DIRECTORS, AND MEDIA PRODUCERS AND PRESENTERS plan, administer and review activities concerned with producing artistic media, determine artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews and introduce music, performances and special events on radio and television.
- managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- formulating and developing organisations' artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations' artistic programs
- hiring and managing artistic staff
- controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs