ANZSCO Code: 232311
Plans, designs and develops clothing, accessories, footwear or other items of personal apparel considering the form and construction of clothing, historical styles and contexts, contemporary and cultural trends, colour, fabric, and decoration, and the techniques and processes available for manufacture.
- Costume Designer
Group: FASHION, INDUSTRIAL AND JEWELLERY DESIGNERS
ANZSCO Code: 2323
FASHION, INDUSTRIAL AND JEWELLERY DESIGNERS plan, design, develop and document products for manufacture and prepare designs and specifications of products for mass, batch and one-off production.
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking product research and analysing functional, commercial, cultural and aesthetic requirements
- formulating design concepts for clothing, textiles, industrial, commercial and consumer products, and jewellery
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, and sales and manufacturing staff
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacture
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- preparing and commissioning prototypes and samples
- supervising the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the manufacture process