ANZSCO Code: 232313
Conceptualises and designs prototypes and details for the manufacture of jewellery and objects for personal adornment, such as watches and spectacles, homewares and other objects, such as trophies and silverware, using metals, precious stones, plastics, engraving, casting and fabrication, to develop designs for mass or batch production or one-off commissions.
Group: FASHION, INDUSTRIAL AND JEWELLERY DESIGNERS
ANZSCO Code: 2323
FASHION, INDUSTRIAL AND JEWELLERY DESIGNERS plan, design, develop and document products for manufacture and prepare designs and specifications of products for mass, batch and one-off production.
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking product research and analysing functional, commercial, cultural and aesthetic requirements
- formulating design concepts for clothing, textiles, industrial, commercial and consumer products, and jewellery
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, and sales and manufacturing staff
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacture
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- preparing and commissioning prototypes and samples
- supervising the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the manufacture process