ANZSCO Code: 272313
Applies psychological principles and techniques to study occupational behaviour, working conditions and organisational structure, and solve problems of work performance and organisational design. Registration or licensing is required.
ANZSCO Code: 2723
PSYCHOLOGISTS investigate, assess and provide treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development.
- collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers