ANZSCO Code: 272399
This occupation group covers Psychologists not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
ANZSCO Code: 2723
PSYCHOLOGISTS investigate, assess and provide treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development.
- collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers