ANZSCO Code: 211413
Conceives and creates three-dimensional forms to communicate impressions and ideas by carving or modelling materials, such as wood, stone, clay and metal, or assembling found and manufactured materials. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
Group: VISUAL ARTS AND CRAFTS PROFESSIONALS
ANZSCO Code: 2114
VISUAL ARTS AND CRAFTS PROFESSIONALS create visual two- and three-dimensional concepts and forms through painting, drawing, carving, sculpting, modelling, printmaking, video, multimedia, found objects, ephemera, soundscapes and other media to communicate concepts and ideas.
- conceiving and developing ideas, designs and styles for paintings, drawings, pottery pieces and sculptures
- arranging objects, positioning models, and selecting landscapes and other visual forms according to chosen subject matter
- selecting artistic media, method and materials
- applying media to surfaces using appropriate techniques
- moulding clay into functional and artistic articles by wheel-throwing, moulding and hand-building
- mixing glazing materials and applying glazes to dried pottery by dipping and painting
- placing finished and decorated pieces in kilns
- sketching designs of proposed sculptures, and making wax and plaster models
- devising forms from metal using welding and metalworking equipment, and from stone using masonry tools
- carving and forming materials to desired shape using hand and power tools