ICT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ANZSCO Code: 225212
Identifies and generates new ICT business opportunities to further improve market share and awareness by gaining an understanding of customers' ICT needs and promoting goods and services to these customers. May manage some key customer accounts.
Group: ICT SALES PROFESSIONALS
ANZSCO Code: 2252
ICT SALES PROFESSIONALS manage client accounts and represent companies in selling a range of computer hardware, software and other ICT goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other organisations.
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using trade directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers' needs and explaining the goods and services which meet their needs
- promoting employers' ICT goods and services to existing and prospective clients
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of ICT goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with ICT goods and services purchased, arranging modifications and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports, and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred